Study Pharmacy in Australia – Step into the world of Pharmacy
Study Pharmacy in Australia! Pharmacy is the study of the construction and apportionment of medical drugs. The study of pharmacy includes chemistry, pharmaceutics, and other special topics. And a pharmacist is a licensed healthcare professionals who suggests different medications and basic treatments to patients for various health-related issues. They usually sit in the medical shops and have a general idea of the basics of medicines, such as their side effects or the composition of the medicine, when it needs to be taken, etc. They easily provide over-the-counter treatments to patients as prescribed by a general practitioner. They are also called chemists, and some even sit in the hospital pharmacy shops. Pharmacists, being a part of the medical industry, are in high demand since the emergency and importance of medical needs in most countries are high, and people completing this degree get hired easily by the big hospitals, or you may even open your own shop once you are licensed.
Medical treatments abroad are quite good, so if you get the chance to study abroad in countries like Australia, Canada, the USA, or the UK, you will have a much better opportunity to get knowledge of medical arenas in a much broader way, and your chances of getting hired by big medical units will also increase. Pharmacy studies mostly revolve around maths and science, mostly biology and chemistry, so if you have good knowledge of and interest in these subjects, you are most likely to be interested in this degree.
Study Pharmacy in Australia – A Career in Pharmacy
Pharmacists act as the bridge between a doctor and patient and other medical staff. They guide you at the initial stage of your queries. They are even in close contact with the drug specialists, so they also have good knowledge of the compositions of the drugs. They can recommend you the alternatives of a particular medicine as well as know the composition. Medicinal knowledge is always a demanding and important aspect of the medical industry, so the jobs in this sector never fall short. You can always have a door opened to start this at any phase by yourself or get hired by big companies. They also work with regulatory bodies like the FDA and CDSCO. A certified degree and good knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry are enough to get the positions of drug inspector, drug controller, and so on.
To be eligible to Study Pharmacy in Australia, one needs to complete:
- Higher Secondary Education with a minimum of 55% of marks
- Subject combinations like physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics also
- English proficiency test score in GRE/IELTS/TOEFL
- recommendation letters or documents that have been registered and stamped
In India, several colleges offer pharmacy degrees
Some of the renowned colleges providing pharmacy degrees to students are mentioned below.
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- School of Health Sciences, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- LPU Jalandhar (Lovely Professional University)
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- Mumbai Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT)
- Government College of Pharmacy, Amravati
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
Pharmacy degrees are offered by foreign colleges all over the world
To Study Pharmacy in Australia, one needs to have a minimum grade of 65% from a recognized board in the class 12 exam, more than 65-70% marks in 5 academic subjects, and needs to clear exams like TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE. Some of the renowned colleges are mentioned below.
- Academy of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, Canada
- Bond University, Australia
- Quality Training & Hospitality College, Australia
- Newcastle University, UK
If you are based in countries of the Arabian Gulf (Saudi, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and Qatar), below are the options you can apply for :
- College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Ajman, United Arab Emirates
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- University of Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Gulf Medical University, Ajman, United Arab Emirates
- College of Clinical Pharmacy, Saudi Arabia
- IBN ALBAITAR (I06), Qatar University
- Qatar University, College of Pharmacy I06
- Box Hill College Kuwait
Pharmacy is a subject as well as a career that has spread its importance all over the world. If you are based in countries like Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, or Iran and want to study domestically without moving to any country, the below colleges would be the best for you.
- Kenya Methodist University Bachelor of Pharmacy.
- Kenyatta University School of Pharmacy.
- University of Nairobi School of Pharmacy.
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State.
- University of Lagos, Lagos State.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State.
- Zanjan University of Medical Sciences. Iran, Zanjan.
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences. Iran, Shiraz.
- Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences. Iran
- Semnan University of Medical Sciences. Iran, Semnan.
- Ghana College of Pharmacists, Ghana
- Phersons Pharmacy School, Ghana
Are You Ready ?
To conclude, healthcare staff are always in demand since the medical industry’s growth curve is always rising, and there is no shortage of jobs in this sector. This doesn’t require any high degree to start, so the cost of studying and initiating a career by yourself is also pocket-friendly. Students frequently prefer to obtain degrees from Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, or the United States to begin their careers in foreign countries with well-equipped infrastructure and medical facilities and gain more knowledge while working in the medical field industry abroad. Drug companies and medical receptionists are always in close contact with pharmacists and chemists, so they always have the idea of medicines in high demand in the market or something that has been reviewed by patients to have worked well for any issues. So a pharmacist has a very clear-cut knowledge of the medicines and basic treatments so that they can guide you at the initial level. If you have a keen interest in opting for the medical industry, Study Pharmacy in Australia can be a good choice for you.
Click here for a free assessment.