Study Civil Engineering – To Join the infrastructure boom
Study Civil Engineering! Civil Engineering is a concept dealing with the construction, designing, and development of big buildings and structures and maintenance of the same. This includes the public works, roads, bridges, dams, canals, pipelines, etc. These are required in our day-to-day lives and so focusing on its construction and the raw materials is an important factor. This also involves the application of different laws of physics and mathematics. Since structures like dams, bridges, and canals are conspicuous creations, they must be planned and handled by good Civil Engineers who have good work knowledge in this field. So to have a better understanding of this field, students often opt to study Civil engineering in Australia, the USA, Canada, or the UK, which provides better infrastructure and facilities in the field of learning for the application of your skill in a better way.
What is the work of Civil Engineers?
Civil Engineering is now a demanding stream in the modern World where career options have opened the door to success and better placements. This is quite an exciting profession where you get to see your hard work’s result at the end of the project. Your creation is being used by a large number of people in their day-to-day lives, so giving your best is the ultimate moto to get a satisfactory outcome. Civil Engineers create and make our World easier to get connected. They help us build the infrastructure to make the villages, cities, and towns more beautiful and easier to live in. So a degree from a renowned institution where you can have in-depth knowledge of the subjects and their application with proper experience is vital. To have better practical knowledge, students prefer to have a degree in engineering in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the USA, the UK, etc.
Best Institutions to Study Civil Engineering in the World
Civil Engineers are in demand now with the development of the World, and India is a developing country where the scope for Civil Engineering study has increased. To study Civil Engineering, one needs to clear JEE exam, and for studying abroad, it is important to clear TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, and GMAT to get a chance to study abroad in countries like China, Hong Kong, Australia, etc. Some of the top-ranking institutions providing Civil Engineering degrees are listed below.
- Abertay University, UK
- Canberra Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India
- Charles Sturt University
- Austin College, USA
Civil Engineering is a subject as well as a career that has come out with its importance all over the world. If you are based in countries like Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, or Iran and want to study domestically without moving to any country, the below colleges would be the best for you.
- Kaaf University College, Ghana
- Accra Institute of Technology, Ghana
- KU Civil Engineering Workshops, Kenya
- Pc Kinyanjui Technical Training Institute, Nairobi, Kenya
- The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), Nigeria
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), Nigeria
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Nigeria
- University of Lagos (UNILAG), Nigeria
- K. N. Toosi University of Technology Faculty of Civil Engineering, Iran
- Rouzbahan Educational Institute, sari, Iran
- Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- Malek Ashtar University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Countries of the Arabian Gulf (Saudi, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and Qatar) has also expanded their educational courses in various colleges. Civil Engineering is a very demanding subject that has been added up by various colleges in these countries with great infrastructural facilities. If students based in these countries want to study domestically, they can opt for the below list of colleges.
- Applied Engineering College, Saudi Arabia
- Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, Saudi Arabia
- Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University, Saudi Arabia
- ASTI Academy, Dubai, UAE.
- Liwa College of Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Amity University – Dubai Campus, UAE
- University of Bolton Academic Centre Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
- College of Engineering and Petroleum, Kuwait
- Engineering Training & Alumni Center, Kuwait
- National University of Science and Technology (College of Engineering, Caledonian Campus), Seeb, Oman
- Middle East College, Rusayi, Oman
- The University of Technology and Applied Sciences – Salalah, Oman
- Texas A&M Engineering Building, Qatar
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), Qatar
- Arabian Infotech Training Institute, Doha Branch, Qatar
- Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, Qatar
- Qatar Aeronautical Academy, Qatar
- West Virginia University – BahrainCampus
- University of Technology Bahrain
- Royal University for Women – RUW, Bahrain
- Bahrain Society of Engineers, Manama, Bahrain
Top Companies hiring Civil Engineers
Some of the giants hiring Civil Engineers worldwide are listed below.
- Mott McDonald
- Balfour Beatty
India has also channeled up in this line providing better placements to students completing Civil Engineering degrees having proper skill and knowledge and hiring them with a handsome package. Some Top Companies hiring Civil Engineers in India are listed below.
- Hindustan Construction Company
- L & T
- Tata Projects
- Gammon India
- Sobha Developers Ltd
- Shapoorji Pallonji & Company
- RITES – Engineering as well as Construction.
- IRCON International Limited.
- GMR Group Corporate Office
- Tata Projects Ltd
- DLF Limited
- Essar group
Are You Ready ?
Civil Engineers with good skills are required in our daily life to build a successful architecture that involves the efforts of multiple genius minds. So the demand for civil engineers is everywhere and every time. If you get to excel in your academic career and get an option to study abroad like study engineering in china, study civil engineering in the UK, or Singapore, etc., you will gain knowledge in a broader way and apply your knowledge and skill in this field would not only benefit you but also the country in its development. The graph of successful placement from recognized institutions in this field is an uprising, and students’ level of satisfaction is high since they are hired at a good package. So opting for this would definitely be a good choice if you are interested in this.
Lawand Education (LE) wants aspiring students to reach their international education goals. After conducting an initial assessment to evaluate your prospect of studying abroad, LE helps you navigate through the process of selecting and applying at eligible institutions, securing the offer, and submitting a student visa application, through Lawand Education’s authorised migration specialists to maximise your chances of visa success. Click here for a free assessment.